Submitted by holyroodchurch on May 31, 2019 - 13:19
When?: Sunday, June 9, 2019; Where?: in the church; Time: 2:00pm
Because at this time, our Vestry does not see the need to call an assembly for the purpose of dialogue, evaluation and planning; This, despite Father Luis’ exhortation on different occasions, to call this type of meeting to listen to our concerns; And, understanding that an assembly is the most practical and definitive way for the functionality of a democratic and egalitarian organization; And that, contrary to decisions taken unilaterally, an assembly is a more productive means for the creation of teamwork: The members Holyrood /Santa Cruz Church are calling for an assembly for the purpose of reflection, evaluation and team work.
Why Do We Call This Assembly?
- Participation of all parishioners in an attitude of cooperation, collaboration and commitment to our church.
- Develop a general diagnosis of the current situation of the Church and to identify its strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, and threats.
- To evaluate the administrative and Pastoral work of the Vestry.
- Evaluate the administrative and Pastoral work of the Priest in Charge.
- Develop a strategic plan for development and growth of 2020-2022.
Guidelines for A Strategic Plan:
- How can we be an evangelized and evangelizing church?
- How can we be a socio-spiritual supportive church for our parishioners and the rest of the community?
- How can we identify, encourage and strengthen ministries according to our gifts?
- How can we be a church that lives the Christian communion and strengthens communication?
- How can we promote a stewardship and church sustainability?
- How can we be a church where we consciously elect representatives to our Vestry considering a significant number of people from both masses, of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, age, language and cultures?
- How can we have a vestry where its members assume an active leadership role in the lay ministry of the parish? How can they better serve the mission of the Church? How can they work in collaboration with the Priest in Charge and implement and oversee the strategic plan and goals of the Church?
- I pledge to continue praying for our church;
- By signing, I am being part of the process of convening this assembly;
- Be part of small groups or gatherings to reflect on the mandate of Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20 when he tells us: Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
- To understand the goals and mission for which this assembly is convened;
- To participate individually or collectively in the guidelines for the creation of the strategic plan of the church.
- Emphasize on continuing to pray for our fellow parishioners, the Vestry and the mission of the church.
Friday, May 31, 2019 - 13:15